The Marine Technologies C-Comm Box is an advanced networking extended router designed to function as a junction box between networks and services on vessels. The C-Comm Box manages the usage of multiple Internet connections with load-balance and the ability to make failover selections, ensuring the continuous availability of network connection. The diversified design of the C-Comm Box enables it to become the host of all network control needs at a minimal cost.
With a construction based on MT's type-approved marine computer that uses no moving parts, the C-Comm Box is devised for integration into a vessel's network between all wide area networks and the local area networks. The C-Comm Box will adapt to almost any environment, virtually eliminating the need to modify an existing network infrastructure. In addition, the C-Comm Box can be integrated with Marine Technologies' security system to manage access to vessel control systems.
- Firewall protection
- Multiple WAN connections - Global: VSAT and Iridium; and Coastal: 3G and WiMAX
- Routing functionality
- QoS service
- VPN server
- Proxy server
- Host-based IDS (Intrusion Detection System)
- Fully-functional PABX
- Integrated PA speaker system
- VLAN trunk support
- Multi-interface support on both LAN and WAN
- Caching proxy for the web supporting HTTP, HTTPS and FTP, enabling extensive access controls and web surfing accelerator
- Web-based telephone switchboard
- Optimum cost versus bandwidth selection
- Traffic shaping
C-Comm VoIP System
The C-Comm VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) system is designed specifically for the VSAT environment. With a focus on voice quality and low bandwidth consumption, C-Comm provides support for all possible phone clients, including iPhone, PC-phones and standard VoIP phones.
Support for All Phone Clients
- Support for low cost VoIP softphones
- Support for low cost VoIP video softphones
- Power provided over Ethernet to all VoIP phones
Complete VoIP Solutions
- Based on marine-type approved hardware
- National numbers operate worldwide
- Supports majority of VoIP phones in the market
- Fixed price with no license fees
- Free calls within the U.S.
- Fully-redundant PABX (private automatic branch exchange) backbone network